Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing to fundraise for the Newington Foundation. We are delighted to have you join the team. Your support will help change the lives of current and future Newington boys.
When you register your fundraiser and accept the terms and conditions below, we will issue you with an official authorisation to fundraise on behalf of the Newington Foundation (which will expire on one month after your event). You will then be authorised to organise a fundraising activity on behalf of the Newington Foundation and communicate to the public that proceeds from your activity will be donated to us.
To help make sure that you are fundraising legally, please read and follow the conditions below, as well as follow the NSW Fair Trading Conditions for Charitable Fundraising Authorities.
In fundraising for the Newington Foundation, you are agreeing to:
- Gain approval and sign off for any correspondence, advertising, publicity or literature for the event, copy or design that mentions Newington College, Wyvern or the Newington Foundation, before progressing to print, broadcast, or production.
- Direct all media enquiries to your contact at the Newington Foundation.
- Not use the name or logos of Newington College or the Newington Foundation in a way which could damage our reputation.
- Send all funds you raise to the Newington Foundation in a timely manner so we can start putting them to good use. You can send these in the form of a cheque or cash, or you can deposit directly into our account. This needs to be accompanied by all the relevant paperwork relating to your fundraising.
- Make cheques payable to the Newington Foundation and send to the Newington Foundation, 200 Stanmore Road, Stanmore NSW 2048 or direct deposit to the Newington Foundation bank account as advised to you, using your authority number as the reference.
- Minimise expenses, to make sure as much money as possible can be used to help sick and injured children. By law, you must not exceed expenses of 50% of gross income from the activity and you should aim to fall well within this limit.
- Not use any funds from auctions, raffles or donations to offset the costs of the event. You may use funds from ticket sales and sponsorship agreements to cover costs.
- Please note: any donations to your fundraising over $2 are tax deductible. Auction items, sponsorship, tickets to events, raffle tickets or any instances where the donor receives something in return are NOT tax deductible and a receipt will not be issued.
- Understand that the Newington Foundation will not pay invoices relating to expenses resulting from your activity, but our team is happy to discuss and advise you of the management of such expenses.
- Be responsible for obtaining public liability insurance for your event. the Newington Foundation does not carry liability insurance on behalf of our fundraisers.